a. Subscription & fees
- Yearly contribution: 1000 €, each country.
- World and Continental contribution fees are separated.
. For Continental fees, take contact with the Continental treasurer.
- Before a country can be connected to a Continental branch, it will be firstly satisfy to the World contribution fee.
. Extra concerning to this rules, see “07. World and Continental records”.
- Small country’s which have on their national contest less than 11 participants; the contribution fee will be reduced to 100 Euro.
- Any National federation, who has not paid the necessary contribution fee, shall automatically be suspended from memberships of the GPA until such time as the required fee is paid in full.
- If a contribution fee is not paid by the time of the Championship, the lifters of the country in question shall not be allowed to participate in the contest.
- All nations that do not pay the GPA membership contribution in January shall be fined an additional amount of 10 € for each month in arrears.
- The Board members, Technical officers and all country Presidents must be able to decide and take decisions by need during course of the year. All they must be involved by the secretariat without an AGM. To cast a valid vote the answer of the country Presidents must belong on the secretariat within 14 days.
b. General contest rules
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) should always be held the evening before the competition starts. All countries will be invited before the AGM; their points can be part of the agenda. The items for discussion must be sent to the secretary in time.
Concerning elections, establish that every country has got one vote and each board member has got one vote.
- The Global Power lifting Committee (GPA) recognizes the following lifts, which must be performed in the designated sequence in all applications conducted under GPA rules:
- Squat / Bench Press / Dead Lift / Total
The GPA, through its members and member Federations, recognizes the following World and Continental Championships:
- Men & Women Open World & Continental Championships.
- Men & Women Masters World & Continental Championships.
- Men & Women Junior World & Continental Championships.
- Men & Women Teenage World & Continental Championships
- By need for a special Olympic division (less disabled lifters); the organizers are free to calculate this division in.
- The GPA also recognizes National and International competitions of its member Federations.
- During the GPA formative years each nation will be allowed any number of competitors spread throughout the body weight categories. Member Federations may impose qualifying standards for their individual team selection.
- The competition recordings must happen with the approval of the GPA responsible of the country.
- A participant must take part under the name of the country, mentioned on his passport,
- Athletes who have a dual nationality or a valid residence in a certain country.
- Athletes of a certain country, where no GPA federation or responsible is operative.
- Double registrations or double profits of overall titles will not allow (e.g. open and master).
- Whenever possible for all International Championships and competitions all intended competitors should be declared to the GPA General Secretary and the Championships Organizing Committee at least 21 days before the date of that particular competition.
- For World and International Championships, lifters entered in the event must have current federation membership cards secured prior to event, and supply photocopy of card with entry, as well as present card at weigh-ins.
- All competitions under GPA rules must be conducted in kilograms.
- The GPA additionally recognizes and registers World / Continental records (in kilograms) for the same lifts within the age and body weight categories.
- At World / Continental Championships, each nation will have representation, they must bring there National flag, (Size 3’x 5’ or 90 x 150cm).
- At all competitions where “Best Lifter Awards” are presented, places will be calculated with the “Reshel” Formula. Only winners will be eligible towards Best Lifter.
- The highest total of the best successes of each lift will result in a Total. Winner of the competition will be determined by highest Total, (no fourth attempts may be included in the total).
- If two lifters register the same body weight at the weigh-in and eventually achieve the same total at the end of the competition, they will be re-weighed and the lighter person will take precedence over the heavier person. However, if they still weigh the same after re-weighing, they will share the placing, and each receives any award - that is being presented. In such circumstances, should two lifters be in first place, the next lifter shall be placed third and so forth.
- Point scoring for all World Championships shall be 12, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 for the first 10 places in any body weight category. Point scoring for all other international competitions will be optional and at the discretion of the appointed GPА Contest Officials and Championships Organizing Committee.
- In World Championships only six competitors from each nation shall score points towards the national team total. These six competitors will be selected after the competition is completed and shall be the six (6) best scores by the “Reshel” formula of the competitors from a particular nation. A maximum of three competitors from the same national shall be eligible for point scoring in a particular body weight category. Each nation may have three lifters per body weight category.
- In the case of a tie in the points of national teams, the team having the largest number of first places within the six point scoring competitors will be ranked first. In the case of a tie between two nations having the same number of first places, the one having the most second places will be ranked first, and so on through the ten places.
- In the men Masters division 10 lifters will be selected towards the points scoring, for selection of best men Masters national team, especially at the GPA World Championship.
c. Age categories
From 24 years to and including 39 years of age
From 40 years to 80 and upward
From 40 years to and including 44 years of age
From 45 years to and including 49 years of age
From 50 years to and including 54 years of age
From 55 years to and including 59 years of age
From 60 years to and including 64 years of age
From 65 years to and including 69 years of age
From 70 years to and including 74 years of age
From 75 years to and including 79 years of age
From 80 years upward
From 33 years to and including 39 years of age.
This division is for record purposes only. Sub masters shall lift in the open (senior) division.
From 20 years to and including 23 years of age.
The day a junior turns 24 years he or she is no longer a junior.
From 13 years to and including 19 years of age
The day a teenager turns 20 years he or she is no longer a teenager.
From 13 years to and including 15 years of age
From 16 years to and including 17 years of age
From 18 years to and including 19 years of age
A teenager, Junior and Master can also compete in the Open class.
(No double registrations see 04.Weighing-in)
Competitive lifting shall be restricted to competitors aged 13 years and over.
The lifter must have attained minimum age on day of the competition where age limits are imposed.
d. Body weight categories
52.0kg Class up to 52.0kg 44.0kg Class up to 44.0kg
56.0kg Class from 52.01 to 56.0kg 48.0kg Class from 44.01 to 48.0kg
60.0kg Class from 56.01 to 60.0kg 52.0kg Class from 48.01 to 52.0kg
67.5kg Class from 60.01 to 67.5kg 56.0kg Class from 52.01 to 56.0kg
75.0kg Class from 67.51 to 75.0kg 60.0kg Class from 56.01 to 60.0kg
82.5kg Class from 75.01 to 82.5kg 67.5kg Class from 60.01 to 67.5kg
90.0kg Class from 82.51 to 90.0kg 75.0kg Class from 67.51 to 75.0kg
100.0kg Class from 90.01 to 100.0kg 82.5kg Class from 75.01 to 82.5kg
110.0kg Class from 100.01 to 110.0kg 90.0kg Class from 82.51 to 90.0kg
125.0kg Class from 110.01 to 125.0kg 90.0kg+Class from 90.01 to unlimit
140.0kg Class from 125.01 to 140.0kg
140.0kg+ Class from 140.01 to unlimit